From the desk of Sharda Baker.
Hi and welcome everyone!
This is Sharda with your Poodle newsletter.
Hope this latest Poodle newsletter finds you happy and well as we will discuss your essential poodle needs checklist!
We all know that there is an awful lot of to learn about all sorts of elements of life with a Poodle but this time we will be discussing a little something different.
Today the topic of discussion is the Poodle items that you will need when adopting a puppy.
More specifically, we will be talking about what you need, why you need it and how expensive it could be.
The Poodle items here may be by no means exhaustive but it will give you a good idea of what you need to get at the pet store!
POODLE PUPPIES AND THEIR CARE
Caring for Poodle puppies is by no means easy and by no means cheap.
In fact, you will be quite surprised at just how much stuff you will need and how much money you will need to spend when you bring him or her home for the very first time.
The same actually applies to Poodle dogs if you have never had one before because he or she will need an awful lot of care to make sure that health and happiness are both assured.
Poodle items actually encompass a variety of elements of life as a result and the bullet points below will give you a good idea of what you need to have at home to satisfy all of your Poodle’s needs:
- A Crate – A crate that is perfectly sized for Poodle puppies or your Poodle dog is essential these days, even if you do not close the door. It can be a safe haven for your dog as well as giving you a means to start housebreaking and potty training in no time at all.
- Food Supplies – Bowls for food and water as well as appropriate food that is both nutritious and digestible for your new dog are essential items that you need before picking your dog up. Puppies especially need to be fed little and often so be aware of that in advance.
- Grooming Supplies – You will need extensive grooming supplies as Poodle items and this can get quite expensive. Combs, brushes, clippers, scissors and a good dog shampoo are all absolutely essential in maintaining your Poodle health. You may also like to invest in tear stain removal pads and other similar elements that are recommended.
- A Leash and Harness – The sooner you get your puppy training on the leash, the easier obedience will come. Obviously you should wait until vaccinations but it is worth planning ahead. As such, you will need a good leash and a control harness as well as a regular collar as Poodle items because you will need them during training.
- Toys – These may not seem like obvious Poodle dogs items but they are because Poodles of all ages are intelligent and very prone to boredom if not kept occupied. Toys will solve that issue for you.
As stated before, this list of Poodle items is in no way exhaustive at all. You will find that you may need much more to ensure Poodle health and welfare from the start.
Similarly though, you might only need what is here.
These are the essentials and now you know what to look at buying. Just make sure that you are prepared to buy more Poodle items just in case.
Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed the discussion here and have found it helpful.
As always, I will be trying to cram more hints, tips and information into another Poodle newsletter very soon so stay tuned for more.
All the best and take care